How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Director position responsible for Interventional Radiology program, 2nd floor nursing pre- and post- procedural area for Department of Radiology, alongside PICC team and ambulatory practice for Interventional and Neuroendovascular areas.. Provides direction for lead technologists within assigned areas. Develops budgets and establishes appropriate cost controls for assigned areas. Administers recruitment, performance evaluations, corrective action and associated matters in assigned areas. Maintains statistical and financial data reports and other reports, as required. Meets or exceeds customer requirements.
• Maximizes technical resources through the interviewing/hiring of employee candidates, performance evaluations, corrective action, and coaching/mentoring of subordinate employees, as appropriate.
• Assures adequate staffing coverage for all assigned facilities. Maintains a trained, competent backup staff for all assigned facilities. Works with other directors to effectively utilize available resources/staff, etc.
• Recommends strategies for long-range planning in areas of responsibility. Ensures appropriate cost controls to maintain budgetary compliance.
• Creates reports presenting statistical data collected and makes projections and recommendations to the Vice President/CEO. Monitors facility referral trends and suggests strategies to enhance market share.
• Responsible for developing initial procedure charges and recommending changes as appropriate. Maintains a current knowledge of CPT, APG, and DRG codes and appropriate ICD9-CM coding
• process. Provides assistance to Director of Operations to assure maximum reimbursement for all procedures.
• Reviews financial reports for assigned areas on a monthly basis to assure accuracy. Reconciles allocation and distribution errors and reports corrective measures taken to Director of Operations.
• Standardizes practices and systems and works with the Vice President/CEO to facilitate organization-wide planning for new and replacement equipment.
• Attends in-services and maintains a current knowledge of all services managed. Designs services that will meet or exceed customer requirements.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of an approved school of radiologic or related technology. Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Five to seven years of appropriate managerial experience and continuing education credits in radiologic science and management. Functional knowledge and experience in support area.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration : Certification or registration in a radiologic related technology preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Good interpersonal and communication skills. Experience with spreadsheet software packages for personal computers.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143707
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Day, some administrative on-call for Radiology Department and after hours
Recruiter: JASON A BISHOP
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4039
Recruiter Email: JABishop1@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.