How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Supports the Billing Manager in the day-to-day operations of the billing teams while working alongside the Support Assistants, Processing Representatives, Specialists, and Analysts. Serves as a liaison between the team members and the manager.
• Manages the account billing process until third party pays or denies.
• Exercises leadership, coaching, and motivation of the team.
• Assists the Manager and the team to maximize daily billing production and finds and recommends efficient methods of completing work.
• Maintains positive rapport with third party payors, patients, employers, attorneys, hospitals, and co-workers while aggressively resolving accounts.
• Maintains knowledge base of all updates in third party payor regulations.
• Screens problem account concerns to ascertain proper course of action.
• Guides team in the Manager’s absence.
• Participates in the selection of employees and disciplinary action when called upon.
• Encourages adherence to departmental policies/Carilion Service Standards.
• Participates in educational seminars and professional organizations to enhance personal growth of self and team.
Dedicated individual needed to support a high pace and high volume billing production team.
Individual must have good critical thinking skill.
Needs to be able to learn at a quick pace and be able to multi task.
Position requires good inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively to payers, team members and other departments.
What We Require:
Education: Associates degree or high school diploma and 4 years of experience required.
Experience: 3 years experience in health care business office setting, medical billing preferred, with proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in EPIC Fundamentals or EPIC Administrator preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must possess knowledge of third party billing requirements. Medical terminology understanding preferred. Excellent leadership skills, including self and people motivation, high professional standards exhibited. Efficient in operation of computer and general office equipment. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, carrying, and some lifting. Excellent listening and speaking skills required.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 143221
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: 8:00-4:30 PM
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.