Under the direction of the General Manager, the Training Coordinator prepares, directs, plans, and coordinates employee training and development. Serves as liaison between Management and Production Supervisors in determining training needs for the department.
• Plans, prepares, and coordinates the employee training for each position, utilizing in-plant (OJT), electronic-web-based, classroom, or a combination of all three training methods.
• Working with Managers, supervisors, and engineering, develops and modifies training programs, documents, and materials as necessary including procedures for accountability and evaluation.
• Recruits, selects, orients, and trains Trainers. Periodically trains front line employees.
• Coordinates Trainee evaluations with Supervisors and Human Resource.
• Monitors and tracks facility training effectiveness through observation, testing, certifications, and other means.
• Tracks Trainee productivity and quality, throughout the training period, takes appropriate steps as necessary to evaluate and modify individual training in order to provide complete understanding and execution of the job.
• Works closely with location managers and corporate training development to assess training needs and provide solutions.
• Studies and standardizes procedures, preparing work/training schedules as required.
• Seeks and utilizes opportunities for continuous development, by researching new technologies, techniques, materials, and equipment.
• Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development or related field from an accredited college or university; or three to five years of experience developing or administering training content and programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English, to comprehend and write general business correspondence, interpret internal production documentation, equipment manuals, technical bulletins, container labels, MDS, and other written internal documentation. Ability to communicate and respond to questions from management, staff, and customers.
• Media Development and Technical Skills
• Able to demonstrate proficiency with MS office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Able to use and learn other programs as needed to develop training resources such as video or audio editing and presentation programs.
• Physical Demands and Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• This function may require standing, walking, or performing other functions within the Production floor, at 1-2-hour intervals. Employee may be exposed to moderate to loud noise. May be occasionally exposed to fumes when traveling through other work areas. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) may be required when working in or traveling through other designated work areas. Requirements are posted throughout the work area. See also work instructions and other guidelines for specific safety information.
• Supports all UniFirst Company Policies including goals as described in UniFirst Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, and Core Values. The job will require participation and compliance with all policies and procedures related to ISO (quality) and safety.
• Functions of this position may require occasional internet access and regular use of UniFirst E-Mail. This will require annual review and acceptance of UniFirst's; electronic Record Retention and Internet Policy; Understanding and compliance with the Company's Statement of Corporate Policy and Code of Conduct (The Code of Conduct) as well as the Electronic Records Retention Policy and Electronic Records Usage Guidelines.
• Travel, within the United States may be required.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.