Construction Services (HDRE)
Submission for the position: Civil Construction Inspector 2 - (Job Number: 176145)
Civil Construction Inspector 2
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story: ' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Civil Construction Inspector 2, we'll count on you to:
• Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses for civil projects related to civil infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, water/wastewater facilities, pump stations and pipelines
• Collaborate with other field representatives or Project Managers
• Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, and identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents
• Conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses
• Provide guidance to less-experienced field staff as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years experience
• Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Proven problem-solving and documentation abilities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• This position typically requires successfully passing drug-screening procedures prior to being hired thereafter subject to random and cause drug and alcohol testing
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Technical school or Associate degree
• Relevant Industry Certifications
• Ability to interpret construction schedules
Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-Virginia-Glen Allen, United States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
Construction, Project Controls & Design/Build
Nov 13, 2023
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): United States-Virginia-Roanoke