Foster Care Family Consultant
Intercept Health is a family-owned agency serving various mental and behavioral health, substance use, and foster care needs in Virginia. In 1996, what started as a single group home for boys has evolved year after year to fill gaps and meet the service needs of families and communities throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
"We help people grow and live their healthiest lives."
Our team members exhibit our VALUES - STOP & ASK :
• S ervice Excellence - "WOW" clients, customers, and coworkers.
• T eam Loyalty - help others succeed.
• O wnership - "see it, own it, solve it, do it."
• P assion - inspire with positive energy and effort.
• A uthenticity - be genuine and trustworthy.
• S olution Focused - overcome challenges with creativity.
• K indness - smile, encourage, and respect everyone.
Intercept Health is now hiring a full time Treatment Foster Care Family Consultant . The TFC Family Consultant provides casework services to children and families. Reports to TFC Program Supervisor.
Education & Experience:
• A baccalaureate degree in any field plus two years' experience in providing casework services to children and families; OR
• A baccalaureate degree in social work or a field related to social work including, but not limited to, sociology, psychology, special education, or counseling and one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families; OR
• A doctorate or master's degree in social work from a college or university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a field related to social work such as sociology, psychology, special education, or counseling, with a student placement in casework services to children and families or one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families.
• Interview children and families.
• Conduct and write home studies.
• Service planning by developing individualized treatment and service plans.
• Counsel children and families in preparation for placement or discharge.
• Supervise children in resource, foster, and adoptive homes; and in independent living arrangements.
• Prepare and maintain case records.
• Coordinate services to minimize fragmentation of care, reduce barriers, and link children with appropriate services to ensure comprehensive, continuous access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services appropriate to the needs of the child.
• Assess periodically to determine the child's needs for psychosocial, nutritional, medical, and educational services.
• Coordinate referrals by assisting the child in arranging for appropriate services and ensure continuity of care for a child in treatment foster care. Link the child to services and supports specified in the individualized treatment and service plan. Assist the child to locate or obtain needed services and resources. Coordinate services and service planning with other agencies and providers involved with the child by arranging, as needed, medical, remedial, and dental services.
• Monitor and follow up by assessing ongoing progress in each case and ensure services are delivered. Continually evaluate and review each child's plan of care. Collaborate with the family assessment and planning teams and other involved parties on reviews and coordination of services to children and their families.
• Educate and counsel by guiding the child and developing a supportive relationship that promotes the service plan.
• Collaborate closely with the family assessment and planning teams and other involved parties in preparation of all case plans.
We offer a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees: * Comprehensive Health Insurance options * Dental & Vision Insurance * Health and Child Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Comprehensive Employee A ssistance Program * Employer Group Life Insurance, optional buy-up insurances * Voluntary Long Term & Short-Term Disability * 401(k) Retirement Plan * Optional Pet Insurance * Paid Time Off * 8 observed holidays
To review the full job description and to more about Intercept Health, please visit: www.intercepthealth.com
Intercept Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the clients we serve. For more information about Intercept Health, please visit our website www.intercepthealth.com.
$ per YEAR Employment Type: Full-Time