Substance Use Counselor
Location : Name Linked Martinsville
Job Locations US-VA-Martinsville
Type Regular Full-Time
Groups Recover Together is an outpatient addiction medicine provider that delivers comprehensive outpatient treatment for opioid addiction. Based on the principle that recovery is tied to aspects of life that are beyond the reach of an office visit, our care model includes three core modalities that are proven to help individuals get their lives back on track -- medication, weekly group therapy, and care navigation. We pride ourselves in providing high quality clinical treatment and team-based support needed to build a life worth living sober.
At Groups Recover Together, Counselors are the lifeblood of our organization.
If group therapy is your passion, this role is for you. As a Counselor, this will be your main focus. Here at Groups we challenge the industry standards. You won’t be expected to handle every component of care for your members on your own. Along with having the opportunity to be a part of the transformation in the lives of each of our members, as a Counselor, you are central to a cross-functional care team that includes prescribers, care navigators, peer recovery coaches, and office managers. The team works together in service to our members -- delivering a holistic clinical model based on the belief that counseling, medication and community are the foundation for achieving sustained recovery. Some of the key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the treatment team and be the expert on addiction and recovery, coordinating decisions about the member’s treatment.
• Manage a schedule and caseload that supports the needs of the office and region and further develops your clinical skill set.
• Collaborate with other team members as it relates to the clinical service model.
• Lead 2-3* 1 hour group therapy sessions that build recovery skills and foster community by utilizing our outlined curriculum.
• Document members’ progress, using outcome measures (Core Milestones) and client feedback (NPS scores).
• Proactively engage in community relations activities
• Distribute brochures and written materials to community stakeholders promoting Groups and its mission
• Attend and participate in community meetings related to substance abuse and addiction topics
We offer many benefits for our team members. Here are a few that you’ll enjoy in this role:
• No required 1:1’s, no intakes, and autonomy to lead groups using your expertise as a counselor.
• A healthy work-life balance with flexible scheduling - our team will work with you to determine an ideal clinical schedule that fits in with your life and our members.
• Competitive salary with a generous paid time off package.
• Robust benefit offering that includes health, vision, dental, 401k with matching contribution, HSA, FSA and paid parental leave.
• Investment in your professional development with paid time off for training and an annual stipend to offset the cost of continued education.
• A clear career path based on merit. Groups is committed to giving counselors the tools that they need to advance within the organization, if desired.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Active behavioral health licensure in Virginia including but not limited to: LPC, LCSW, CSAC, LSATP, LMFT and associate level status with ability and willingness to obtain licensure reciprocity in other states
• Minimum two years’ leading groups in a SUD setting.
• High comfort level with Technology: EMR, Telehealth software, Google products (Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets/Drive), mobile apps, etc.
• Compassion, collaboration, commitment to quality care, and an investment in member success.
• Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week up to 9pm as needed.
• Other preferred backgrounds, experience, and skills include: mental health, social work, substance use disorder treatment, therapy, human services, social services, medication assisted treatment or MAT.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS