Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
Submission for the position: Certified Nursing Assistant - Day Shift - (Job Number: 7455-11740)
Certified Nursing Assistant - Day Shift
Sovah Health - Martinsville
Sign on Bonus: $5,000
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health – Martinsville, is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled time!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Health in Martinsville, VA. is seeking a Full-Time Certified Nursing Assistant for our day shift position. The CNA will:
· Under the supervision of an RN, perform basic patient care activities.
· Monitor vital signs, blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
· Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating and ambulation.
· Report abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
· Assist with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Registration on the Virginia Board of Nursing Aide Registry
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Requires ability to read and write legibly and carry out direction promptly and accurately.
• Must exhibit effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
• Requires the ability to respond quickly and calmly under stressful or emergency situations.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association required.
Minimum Work Experience
• Previous experience in patient care setting desirable.
• Requirements will include successful completion of orientation program and competency requirements.
SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): Virginia-Martinsville