Openings : 1
Gustavus Adolphus College, an NCAA Division III institution, and a member of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) is seeking applications for a full-time Head Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field Coach.
Employment Status: Full-time (40hpw/44wpy), 10 month position, Exempt (salaried), Benefits-Eligible
In accordance with all NCAA, MIAC and College policies and procedures, the successful applicant is responsible for organizing and administering all facets of an NCAA Division III track and field program with a commitment to developing a positive student-athlete experience.
• Assist head coaches in all aspects of Cross Country and Track & Field.
• Plan and implement event specific training and competition planning appropriate to each athlete and event group.
• Support and promote the team expectations and vision of Gustavus Cross Country and Track & Field programs.
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship and professionalism.
• Effectively communicate and work cooperatively with our coaching staff and athletic department.
• Assist Head Coach with the development of competition schedules.
• Assist Head Coach in reserving buses, hotels, and team meals.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the track & field/cross country programs.
• Assist Head Coach in all aspects of home meet operations.
• Communicate with coaching staff practice needs and reserve facility space.
• Responsible for registering athletes for meet entries weekly.
• Schedule and participate in staff meetings and arrange meetings with departments and external groups.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, NCAA Division III, MIAC and Gustavus Adolphus College governing rules and regulations.
• Additional administrative and other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with a computer and Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent coaching experience.
• Coaching experience in cross country, distance, and/or middle-distance events.
Gustavus offers competitive and comprehensive benefits which include:
• Medical insurance (which includes access to Nice Healthcare) as well as dental, vision, and life insurance
• Workplace accommodations for physical or mental health concerns
• Onsite health services
• Free parking, exercise classes, and use of library and athletic facilities
• Paid parental leave
• Employer contribution to retirement savings plan (after one year of employment)
• Tuition scholarships for dependents
• Tuition benefit plan for employees and spouse
• 13 paid Holidays + generous PTO plan
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process on our website, www.gustavus.edu/humanresources/employment to complete the online application and submit a resume.
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Click on the following link to learn more about Gustavus's campus-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Gustavus Adolphus College is one of the nation’s leading private liberal arts colleges serving over 2,200 students. The College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. Known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus is located on a scenic 340-acre hill in St. Peter, Minnesota only one hour southwest of the Twin Cities.
Aaron Lund | email@example.com | 507-933-7657
Posted : Fri Nov 10, 2023