The Laboratory Assistant is a vital member of the ARC Laboratory. The Lab assistant is responsible for assisting in the day to day tasks that arise in the Laboratory
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this position. The position may require other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
• Routing and coverage of couriers
• Patient sample processing for testing
• Preparation of specimens to be sent out to reference laboratory
• Specimen collection
• Liaison between the reference lab and ARC lab
• Maintain a respectful relationship with employees, interns, and persons served/clients.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times displaying a professional disposition towards fellow staff.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with Addiction Recovery Care Center/Odyssey, Inc.’s staff and persons served/clients alike.
• Protect the privacy of all staff and persons served/client information in accordance with Addiction Recovery Care Center/Odyssey, Inc.’s privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principle of professionalism as a healthcare provider.
• May access protected health information (PHI) and other persons served/client information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Substance abuse experience preferred.
• Appropriate State and Federal Clearances
• Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven service system
• Knowledge of community health resources that support life improvement in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health, economic security, employment, positive social and family interdependence and positive cultural identity
• Knowledge of the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual impact of alcohol and other drugs on the individual and family
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Municipal laws and/or regulations that regulate the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle crisis situations in a calm and supportive manner
• Ability to exhibit professional and courteous behavior, consistent with the ARC mission statement, when interacting with persons of varying backgrounds and education levels to create a safe and healthy relationship with clients served
WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to read detailed health records
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office
• Must have sufficient mobility to move around the office and the community
Mid Level Employment Type: Full-Time