Submission for the position: IT Computer Technician / Owensboro - UniFirst - (Job Number: 2306655)
IT Computer Technician / Owensboro - UniFirst
Deploys and supports IT Systems within the Owensboro DC and other facilities within the UniFirst Supply Chain Network. Provides help desk support for end users working on site and remotely. Works closely with Corporate IT and various support vendors and contractors to ensure issues are addressed and corrected in a timely manner. Manages IT projects as assigned, including systems deployment, researching solutions for problems, and process improvement.
• Support and deployment of computer hardware and software.
• Support and deployment of printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices.
• Support and deployment of Android based handheld and tablet computers.
• Support of major systems including:
• Warehouse Management System (WMS)
• IBM iSeries / AS400
• Material Handling Systems such as sorters and automated picking systems
• Cloud and on-premise based software solutions
• Manages projects of varying scope and complexity
• Works with Corporate IT and Vendors/Contractors as needed to support systems.
• Associate degree or higher in CS/CIS or equivalent education preferred. Combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
• 2 years of relevant experience required.
• Strong PC and technical skills are required.
• AS400 Experience preferred.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Experience with material handling systems and/or IT support in a distribution center, warehouse, or industrial environment is a plus.
• Experience supporting Windows based networks and wireless LAN is preferred.
• Experience with Visual Studio, .NET programming, and MS SQL Server is a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, and able to work in a production support environment.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to support off-hours projects when needed.
• Ability to provide on-call support during weekends based on a rotating schedule.
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine’s “Best Companies to Sell For” list and recognized on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies” list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there’s never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
100 - OWENSBORO, KY (100)
2801 UniFirst Dr.
Owensboro , 42301
100 - OWENSBORO, KY
2801 UniFirst Dr.
100 - Owensboro KY
Nov 6, 2023, 5:26:54 PM
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): United States-Kentucky 1st Shift Job Level: Individual Contributor