Contact Center Associate - Apprenticeship Program - National Remote
Owensboro , KY
Posted 1 day ago
Apply Now Processing...
Apply Now Processing...
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Join our Contact Center Apprenticeship program. This program is meant for someone, like you, who is interested in developing new knowledge in the healthcare industry.
Training classes start soon - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses.
Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Contact Center team, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to callers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. This job requires working independently and most tasks are not continuously reviewed by others. Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules between 7:00am and 7:00pm, EST, Monday - Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 6 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8am to 5pm EST, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
• Answer 60-90 incoming phone calls per day and identify the type of assistance needed
• Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
• Assist callers in navigating websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
• Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve caller issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
• Ability to work any 8-hour shift between 7:00am and 7:00pm, EST, Monday - Friday and be flexible to meet the needs of the role
• Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
• Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
• Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .
Apply Now Processing...
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time
High School or Equivalent