Pay Type Salaried State: KY City: Owensboro Area of Interest: Information Technology Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 2180 Job Title IT Service & Support Specialist (nontraditional 1st shift) Job Description
We're expanding! Swedish Match North America LLC develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market leading brands such as ZYN nicotine pouches and other smokeless tobacco products. Our vision is “ A world without cigarettes ”, and our mission is to provide adult consumers with alternatives that are enjoyable but have a lower risk than smoking. We are one of the fastest growing consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producers, and ZYN is the number one selling nicotine pouch in the US. We are expanding our Group IT Digital Workplace Global Team and seeking a talented Service & Support Specialist in the Service Desk US department to be part of our exciting journey in Owensboro, KY.
The Digital Workplace Team is at the forefront of technology transformation, driven by the opportunity to elevate colleague experiences, boost productivity, foster collaboration, streamline operations, and enhance workforce digital proficiency. Our focus lies in aligning technology, employees, and business processes to optimize operational efficiency and achieve organizational goals. We leverage Microsoft's digital workplace technology stack, and an understanding of Microsoft platforms and services is critical to succeed in this role.
As a member of our global team, you will collaborate closely with colleagues in an agile and innovative environment to provide and support IT services as the frontline advocate for Swedish Match employees. Your role will involve delivering service and support through various channels, including direct calls to our support line, online ticket submissions, self-service and training portals, as well as managing the setup, delivery, and support of workplace assets throughout their life cycle. Our goal on the Service Desk is to achieve efficiency through frontline call resolution, which is facilitated through ongoing training on workplace technology and support from our Group IT subject matter specialists.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university preferred. Significant additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree .
Required Skills/Knowledge/Experience :
• Possess proficient incident management, problem solving, and telephony skills.
• Ability to provide support remotely and in-person.
• Experience in handling and supporting Windows 10/11, mobile devices, and working in a ticket management system.
• Maintain the Asset Management records through the life cycle.
• Document, categorize and prioritize user tickets ensuring timely resolution of incidents and requests.
• Support 2nd and 3rd line support with ticket resolution after functional escalation.
• Process relevant IT requests from users and either address them or find appropriate IT staff to manage them.
• Support Major Incident (Priority 1) resolution efforts when requested by Major Incident Manager.
• Develop Service Desk delivery and user satisfaction by independently driving tasks and activities.
• Provide onsite support, install & setup standard equipment for local IT in offices and factories.
• Supply users with software and hardware equipment in accordance with the request process.
• Factory support including hand scanners and printers.
• Experience with MECM, SCSM, and/or Intune.
• Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and/or MS Power Platform.
• Develop and conduct user training.
• ITIL foundation certificate.
We are interested in a candidate with a learner mentality, who is eager to expand their knowledge and skills, self-motivated, requires minimal supervision, is customer-service oriented and analytical, and with strong interpersonal, time-management, and writing skills. ***Must be able to work 10:30am - 7:00pm, Monday - Friday***
Physical requirements include:
• ability to travel with overnight stays as needed, by automobile and/or plane.
• stand or sit for extended periods of time.
• lift/carry 25lbs.
• work safely wearing required PPE in factory and office environments, as required.
Benefits for New Hires: We offer competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays...and more.
If you want to be part of a growing global organization with a continuous learning culture on the latest technologies, and have a passion for learning and applying modern technology, apply today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet