Location : Location US-KY-Owensboro
Category Store Jobs
Type Seasonal Full-Time
About us Rural King Farm and Home Store strives to create a positive and rewarding workplace for our associates. We offer opportunities for growth, competitive benefits, a people first environment, and an opportunity to work alongside dedicated associates who share a passion for providing an exceptional experience and service to our rural communities. Whether you are starting an entry-level position or joining with professional experience, Rural King encourages professional growth and provides the necessary resource to help you succeed and grow with us.
When you join the Rural King team, you become a contributing member in supporting the needs of and making a difference in the lives of those within the people and communities we serve.
How we reward you
401k with a generous 50% match up to first 10% of earnings * Healthcare plans to support your needs * Virtual doctor visits * Access to Centers of Excellence with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Mayo Clinic’s Complex Care Program * 15% Associate Discount * Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program (no cost to you!) * Associate Assistance Program * RK Cares Associate Hardship Program * 24/7 Chaplaincy Services
What You’ll do
The purpose of the Receiving Associate is to efficiently load and unload shipments, dividing them for storage or movement to the sales area. This could involve unpacking, getting merchandise ready, setting up displays, putting products on shelves, and checking in inventory. Making sure products are easy to reach, always in stock, well-distributed, and safely stores is very important. Additionally, the role involves adhering to SOPs for receiving and processing apparel within the store, ensuring accurate merchandising of apparel racks and maintaining optimal stock levels.
• Execute precise purchase order processing by following established SOPs.
• Utilize scan guns and computer-based software to ensure accurate receipt documentation.
• Monitor and address purchase order and DC shortages daily, communicating discrepancies.
• Maintain thorough records by daily filing of receiving paperwork.
• Contribute to efficient DC truck sorting and verify vendor price tags.
• Implement security tag placement and price labeling per SOP for select apparel items.
• Ensure adequate supplies inventory, including hangers, labels, and security tags.
• Efficiently handle store-to-store transfers, shipping, and receiving, ensuring accurate recordkeeping.
• Assist in the inventory management of the sales floors during high-demand periods.
• Collaborate with the receiving team for seamless regular receiving operations.
• Contribute to company-established receiving protocols.
• Organize product onto rocket carts for effective distribution.
• Transport sorted freight to sales floors, ensuring appropriate quantities.
• Assist the management team in accurate merchandise tracking.
• Facilitate smooth store-to-store and UPS transfers.
• Contribute to the management of the negative on-hand inventory research and review.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization, creating a safe work environment.
• Operate general office equipment, forklifts, pallet jacks, and more.
• Participate in cross-training for flexibility in various departments and responsibilities.
• Actively participate in learning initiatives offered such as training programs, workshops, and webinars. Leverage these opportunities to acquire new knowledge, refine existing skills, and stay current on the latest developments.
• Provide friendly, proactive, and professional internal and external support to others, assisting with inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively.
• Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify Rural King’s Values: People First, Integrity, Attitude, Initiative, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualities for Success
• At least 1 year of receiving experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
• Proven track record of consistently producing error-free work and meeting quality standards.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Comfortable navigating computer systems and software to assist customers or manage activities.
• Ability to maintain a seated or standing position for extended durations.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently.
• Ability to use a ladder, pallet jack, and forklift.
• Able to navigate and access all facilities.
• Skill to effectively communicate verbally with others, both in-person and via electronic devices.
• Close vision for computer-related activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We use E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS