Pay Type Salaried State: IN City: Evansville Area of Interest: Research & Development Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 2172 Job Title Chemical Analyst, 3rd shift Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market leading brands such as ZYN nicotine pouches and other smokeless tobacco products. Our vision is “ A world without cigarettes ,” and our mission is to provide adult consumers with alternatives that are enjoyable, but have a lower risk than smoking. We are one of the fastest growing consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producers and ZYN is the number one selling nicotine pouch in the US. In order to continually promote and create innovative products that support our vision we are currently seeking a Chemical Analyst, 3rd shift for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Performs analyses utilizing gas chromatography, ultra high pressure chromatography, and ion chromatography.
• Responsible to maintain cleanliness and orderly arrangement of Analytical laboratory.
• Provides support to Sr Analytical Chemist, Analytical Chemist, Sr Chemical Analyst, and Chemical Analyst.
• Responsible for accurate records of assigned projects.
• Knowledgeable in ISO 17025 Standard requirements.
• May be required to work additional/different shifts.
• Provides support to Production, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, and Leaf Operations.
• Knowledgeable of method validation procedures.
• Performs special projects as directed by Chemical Analysis Supervisor/Manager.
• Responsible for sample preparation and extraction as indicated by written SOP.
• Responsible for written SOPs of validated methods and procedures.
• Responsible for routine and non-routine Microbiology testing.
• Ability to review, interpret, and report analytical results using LIMS.
Education : Minimum Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Biology, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience : Minimum one year as a Laboratory Technician or comparable position/experience.
Skill/Knowledge : Knowledgeable in chemical laboratory safety and analytical procedures and methodologies. Knowledgeable of Microbiological procedures and equipment. Must be able to prepare concise and accurate reports.
Other : Must be able to work 3rd shift ( 12:00am - 8:30am, Mon - Fri ).
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacation, 12 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet