Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Probationary
• A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
• The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
• May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university's additional locations, as assigned.
• The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
• All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement ) .
• Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the Department of Family Consumer Science / College of Allied Health and Nursing.
• Advise undergraduate/graduate students in the Dietetics program.
• Participate in Family Consumer Science Department activities and contribute to program and course development.
• Participate in conducting research and other scholarly activities in an area appropriate to the field of nutrition and dietetics.
• Doctorate or terminal degree in food or nutrition or related field. ABD candidates may be considered with degree conferred on an official transcript received in Human Resources prior to September 1, 2024.
Master's degree with five years full-time relevant work experience in the last seven years.
• Demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population and apply an equity lens to this position including social justice and/or anti-racism.
• Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills and effective technology skills.
• Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
• Experience teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and knowledge of online, lecture, and lab educational methodologies.
• Experience with advising and mentoring both undergraduate and graduate students.
• Experience working with accreditation, program review and/or assessment processes.
• Demonstrated service to the discipline at local, state, or national levels.
• Demonstrated success or strong potential for productivity in research, grant writing, creative activity and scholarship.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Based on the essential functions of this positions, MMB Policy #1422, and University policies relating to flexible work, this position is eligible for the following work modes: Exclusively on Campus: A position that requires employee to perform all their work at their campus work location.
DEPARTMENTAL SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
The Dietetics program at Minnesota State University, Mankato is expanding from a DPD Bachelor's to a Future Education Model Graduate Program (GP) which will include a Bachelor's in Nutrition and Dietetics as well as a Master's in Dietetics which includes all Supervised Experiential Learning ( SEL ) hours. This is an innovative program with a
$Open per YEAR Employment Type: OTHER