Base Pay: $- / YEAR Employee Type: Part Time Non Exempt
• This position delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
• Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
• Conducts interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members.
• Responsible for membership sales, renewals, and prospect follow up as directed.
• Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
• This position is responsible for interacting with other departments of the YMCA to ensure member satisfaction.
• YMCA Paid Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Previous customer service, sales or related experiencepreferred but not required
• Must be able to work flexible hours including evening, weekends, and holidays
• Requires a person of maturity and good judgment, who can operate with minimumÂ Â guidance from the Membership Director or Coordinator
• Requires ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, to assess facts and issues, and make non-routine decisions regarding day-to-day operations
• Requires effective team-building and team-leadership skills
• Must maintain cooperative, functional relationships with peers
• Must maintain positive, energetic attitude toward YMCA work, goals, and values
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel applications
• Walk, stand, kneel, and stoop
• Maintain continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking
• Must be able to lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
• Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They include criminal background, reference checks, E-Verify and a drug test.
The YMCA of Virginiaâ€™s Blue Ridge is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you value a culture of excellence, transparency, servant leadership, and accountability, please apply atÂ ymcavbr.org .