McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve - we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow's health today, we want to hear from you.
The Director, Category Management will have accountability for revenue and margin growth for our Med-Surg and Equipment products (MS&E). The position will manage a team of Category Managers and be responsible for overall vendor/supplier strategy & relationships. This role will own the development and execution of product category strategies focused on revenue and margin growth for the MMS Med-Surg and equipment portfolio.
Key Responsibilities :
• Manage a team of category managers responsible for revenue, buy and sell profitability for assigned MS&E product categories.
• Identify profit levers for long range growth and continue development and execution of the current MS&E programs.
• Partner with sales leadership and Marketing to strategize and influence short-term goal attainment and long-term direction.
• Build and grow our product and supplier funnel and gain market share
• Coach and lead team of category managers in the development of their category strategies as well as their personal development
• Develop strong alignment with internal MMS teams, including sales and operational leaders
• Collaborate across the total McKesson enterprise to develop sourcing, product, and manufacturer strategies
• Responsible for annual financial planning which is critical to success of the business
• 8+ years of professional experience and 2+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience).
• Manage multiple projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving
• Experience leading teams in a matrix environment
• Strong financial acumen. Experience managing a P&L and buy/sell profitability, financial forecasting.
• Responsibility for a specific product lines and overall product strategy for specific customer segments.
• Experience leading vendor negotiations.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Industry experience preferred
• Financial acumen
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal skills and written/verbal skills
• Ability to collect and analyze data
4-year degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That's why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being . Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position $130,900 - $218,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Marketing Managers