Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy by creating an outstanding customer experience that encourages associates to deliver excellent customer service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and control all established quality assurance standards and expenses. Monitor all functions, duties and activities for the Deli department. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
* Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
* Establish department performance goals and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through teamwork.
* Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume.
* Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance review process.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, food safety regulations and company guidelines.
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding specials and products sold within the department/store.
* Slice deli meats/cheeses to customers' requests using proper deli equipment; provide customers with fresh products they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
* Inform customers of deli specials and offer product samples to help customers discover new items.
* Use all equipment in deli such as the fryer, rotisary, heat lamps, and ovens according to company guidelines.
* Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, execute sales promotions and implement period promotional plan in partnership with store management.
* Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
* Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
* Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
* Plan and organize inventory process, maintain awareness of inventory/stocking conditions, note any discrepancies, train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
* Prepare foods according to food temperature logs, follow cooking instructions, ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures, practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment, identify unsafe conditions and notify store management of any items in need of repair and of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Managers, All Other