Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
* General Merchandise Clerk will gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
* Grocery Clerk (General Merchandise) will be able to offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
* Inform customers of General Merchandise specials.
* Grocery Clerk (General Merchandise) recommends general merchandise items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
* Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
* Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
* Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
* Display a positive attitude.
* Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Office and Administrative Support Occupations