Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
* Meat & Seafood Clerk cuts meat and seafood to customer's requests using proper cutting equipment.
* Recommend meat and seafood items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
* Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
* Meat & Seafood Clerk informs customers of meat and seafood specials
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
* Meat & Seafood Clerk provides customers with fresh/frozen products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
* Use all equipment in seafood and meat department such as the refrigerators, freezers, knives, and ovens according to company guidelines.
* Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
* Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, robot coupe
* Adequately prepare, package, label, and inventory ingredients.
* Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
* Ensure country of origin labels are correct for all products.
* Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
* Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
* Prepare food to company standards.
* Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
* Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Display a positive attitude.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
* Meat AND/OR Seafood experience
* Retail experience
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Butchers and Meat Cutters