# of Openings:
At First Mid, we aim to make our customers feel valued, satisfied and understood. We will achieve this by developing a personalized relationship with our customers and by asking questions to create a customized solution based on their needs and throughout their stages of life. We will create clients for life by adhering to our core values and our service standards. As a First Mid leader, a Branch Manager serves as a champion of this mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees operational and sales function of larger volume branch or stand-alone banking centers in the individual market areas.
• Responsible for leading the team to ensure an exceptional customer and team member experience.
• Acts with confidence by answering customer questions and owning customer issues.
• Maintains a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer or team member information confidential.
• More community-focused, sales leader.
• Stays abreast of industry knowledge, regulations, and changing environment in the financial industry.
• Manages and ensures internal changes to processes and procedures are communicated and implemented.
• Communicates and ensures adherence to all bank initiatives, compliance, security, and operational policies and procedures as well as financial loss standards.
• May process consumer loan requests.
• Resolves customer concerns and issues when needed.
• Responsible for continual training of staff, which includes but is not limited to, sales, operation policy and procedures, customer service, product knowledge, risk management, and physical security. Maintains thorough product knowledge.
• Oversees the training of the Deposit Service team to operate the branch.
• Assigns and schedules staff to ensure optimum service coverage, even distribution of the workload and appropriate project delegation.
• Delegates various operations duties to the Assistant Branch Manager and/or branch staff while maintaining overall administrative responsibility.
• Meets with branch staff regularly (both 1:1 and in group meetings) to organize sales efforts, communicate procedural/product changes, and resolve issues to optimize branch performance and employee engagement. Establish regular coaching opportunities with each team member to review goals and highlight further personal development.
• Responsible for monitoring Branch income and annual budgeting.
• Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates the branch staff to enhance individual productivity and enable them to function according to their respective job description.
• Works closely with Regional Deposit Manager and other business units in growing deposits, loans, and sales of other bank products.
• Identifies opportunities to expand and maintain existing consumer and business banking relationships, while displaying sales leadership.
• Develops goals for the retail team and accesses progress of the individuals and the branch to meet corporate initiatives.
• Primarily focused on cross-selling to existing customer base and engaging in outside sales activities (i.e. onsite presentations, business sales calls, community events, etc.) as directed.
• Communicates corporate initiatives to generate understanding from the team and connect to the Bank's values and culture.
• Demonstrates the ability to professionally represent First Mid in terms of appearance and verbal/written communication.
• Monitors the competitive environment by staying informed of changes in the financial services industry. Assesses competitors' rates and services, determines their impact on the branch, and informs the Direct Supervisor of their implications and opportunities.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Associates Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of sales management experience with a proven track record of driving sales, both individually and as a leader of a sales team.
• Minimum 5 years of retail sales and customer service experience.
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced math functions that will allow for the analysis of credit and financial information.
Compensation & Benefits
• Based upon candidate experience.
• Visit our page to see our full list of benefits.
First Mid Bancshares, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Apply for this Position
Equal Opportunity Employer
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying General and Operations Managers