How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
VALID DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED
Provides assistance and information to incoming patients, guests and staff entering or exiting facility. Provides parking services for special needs patients and visitors. Assists in traffic control and maintains accurate documentation regarding valet parked vehicles. Projects a positive first impression to patients, guests and staff. Practices Carilion’s Values of Community, Commitment, Courage, Compassion and Curiosity.
• Manages flow of traffic at each major point of entry with the Carilion Clinic campus (i.e. CRMH, Cancer Center, ION, Riverside Complex) to ensure smooth and efficient patient flow. Greets, directs and offers assistance to patients and guests as they enter and exit parking areas. Confirms patient appointment locations for incoming guests.
• Manages and maintains parking areas for Carilion facilities including, CRMH, 4North Outpatient, ED, Cancer Center, ION and Riverside 1 and 3. Cross-trains in all parking areas.
• Manages The Birth Place entrance and partners with the OB Department by directing incoming maternity patients, parking vehicles as well as notifying nurses at 13South of patient’s arrival.
• Operates shuttle service consisting of three vehicles. Provides first-rate transportation for patients, guests and staff to and from various Carilion facilities within an 8 mile radius. Drives, inspects and manages maintenance for all vehicles. Provides after hours transportation for special groups or tours.
• Parks and retrieves vehicles for patients and guests with special needs, and those with outpatient procedures or testing. Drives vehicles to overflow lot as needed.
• Issues valet tickets and documents vehicle information, patient information, claim numbers and key storage. Tracks and reports daily ticket count for Guest Services.
• Patrols and contacts Police Dispatch for urgent situations regarding safety, locked cars, flat tires, dead batteries, lost vehicles, fire drills and code red alerts, as well as de-escalating situations occurring in parking areas with hostile guests.
• Directs and positions discharge vehicles accordingly to avoid disruption of traffic flow at entrance.
• Provides valet services for visiting executives, special guests, VIP’s or celebrities as directed by Administration.
• Controls and designates parking areas for patient transport vans, delivery vehicles, hotel shuttles, funeral homes and cab companies.
What We Require:
Education: High School Graduate or GED required.
Experience: Two years related experience in customer service or parking fields.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Valid Virginia Operators License and adherence to the Qualified Drivers Guidelines and Eligibility Standards.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must have strong communications skills, hospitable personality, calmness, tact, diplomacy and professionalism in handling all situations. Must be neat in appearance.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142456
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences
Shift Details: 8a to 4:30p
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.