How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
The Education Analyst is responsible for education coordination, development of education materials, training and implementation activities for a broad range of clients/customers. Primary liaison for Revenue Cycle education. Delivers education for Revenue Cycle Departments, clinical teams and other clients for multiple systems and associated applications. Gatekeeper for training related to Policy and Procedure as it pertains to the registration, collections and billing pathways and processes. Delivers results and reviews quality review outcomes to managers who then provide the information to their staff. The Education Analyst will focus on providing training for adult learners in meetings, groups, or on a one-on-one basis.
• Evaluates, plans, designs and establishes subject matter expert for training programs to a broad spectrum of recipients including managers, front line staff, clinical teams and leadership including but not limited to: Registration, Billing, Customer Service, EMTALA, Upfront Collections, Consent, and Compliance based on a collaborative approach to meet billing, compliance and regulatory requirements in a manner which supports front line team member needs for clear and effective education.
• Develop and maintain education guidelines in coordination with RCM leadership, Compliance and Technology Services. Support facilitating standardized documentation for policy and procedures manuals, procedures, and training tools.
• Administer education curriculum to a diverse and varying audience using appropriate strategies in delivery techniques to meet the needs of the team in achieving a higher understanding of registration, compliance, regulatory and billing principles. Development and delivery of special education for learning compromised team members.
• Functions as key liaison with clients, Carilion personnel, and external resources, holds self and team accountable for maintaining the highest possible performance standards, professionalism and ethical behavior.
• Provides quality service in a caring and professional manner. Actively commits to team efforts, provision of cost effectiveness, service excellence, and respect for everyone by demonstrating actions which support the corporate mission, vision and values, goals and objectives, and service standards.
• Acts as principal liaison for education and quality processes. Facilitates open, two-way communication with new employees, long term staff, and leaders in order to successfully deliver instruction
• Ensures that payer-specific issues and changes are documented appropriately and delivered in a timely manner to a system-wide audience to promote understanding of regulatory requirements.
• Reviews registration quality reviews and RCM quality assurance reports to find trends that will allow for updates to training, additional educational communication, all to improve the quality outcomes.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of policies, procedure and payer requirements acting as an expert in various department system tools and capabilities.
• Coordinates and produces reports to management including competency validations, quality targets, procedural processing, and updates to training and education programs
What We Require:
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience in business administration or relevant field.
Experience: Knowledge and insight into the healthcare experience through payer constraints. Demonstrated knowledge of registration, medical terminology, insurance billing procedures including ICD-10 and CPT coding, team building, and employee development/coaching. Ability to work with minimal supervision in a diverse workgroup. Must have ability to deliver information to individuals with varying skill levels, and learning needs.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: EPIC proficiencies in ADT, PB and/or HB Billing and Cadence applications, desire Certified Professional Coder with education background.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must be detailed oriented and exhibit strong communication and follow up skills. Overnight travel for education, go-live support, or training may be required. Dependable transportation required. Skill in adult education (responsible for training end users and other trainers). Strong interpersonal skills (responsible for motivating end users and other trainers). Strong organizational skills (responsible for coordinating training effort for the Billing and ADT Prelude applications).
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142730
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: Day with some flexibility
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.