How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Provides nursing support in the delivery of quality care for the patient in a physician practice or clinic setting as directed by the physician or mid-level practitioner. Complies with all federal, state, local, Carilion Clinic and departmental policies and standards, as applicable. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for patients served.
• Provides nursing care for patients of all ages served:
• Completes patient assessment to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint, current medications, etc.
• Prepares patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, assisting during exams and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Administers medications and injections as directed by the provider.
• Maintains work area, exam, treatment and x-ray rooms and lab in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
• Documents patient information in the electronic medical record in a timely manner to include update treatment procedures, medication refills, test results, patient concerns, etc.
• Provides patient teaching as indicated and directed by the provider, including lab results, diet instructions, medication instructions, appropriate follow-up, and reinforcing provider instructions as needed.
• Assists with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorizations for testing and ancillary services.
• Assists with lab procedures, including collecting urine specimens, collecting and preparing blood samples for reference lab, labeling all specimens with accurate patient ID.
• Observes all safety precautions and standards; assures proper disposal of specimens and contaminated waste.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of accredited program for registered nurses required.
Experience: One (1) year experience in a physician office preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia required. Licensure as a Radiologic Technician Limited if performing radiology. Current AHA BLS-HCP certification required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Customer driven. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142812
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Family Medicine - North Roanoke
Shift Details: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.