How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Home Care- Roanoke Region.
**Sign on Bonus Eligible. Up to 20K**
Helping patients regain their strength and return to their daily routines calls for a touch of inspiration, professional expertise, and the tools to build a personalized rehabilitation plan. At Carilion Clinic, our team provides compassionate care in a forward-thinking environment. In this job, you will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Physical Therapist (PT) confirms and interprets physician referrals, performs patient assessments and plans and implements individualized treatment programs taking into account the patientâs developmental and/or chronological age and medical diagnoses in accordance with the regulations governing the principles and practice of Physical Therapy.
The job duties of the Physical Therapist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides patient care based upon physician referral and age-appropriate assessment taking into consideration the patientâs developmental/chronological age and medical diagnoses when planning/implementing treatment programs designed to achieve goals set in conjunction with the patient and/or family member.
• Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, managers, physicians and other members of the health care team.
• Documents in the patientâs medical record, and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
• Supervises PTAs and collaborates with other therapy staff, support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
• Participates in other patient care and departmental/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending in-services, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings.
• Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of approved school of Physical Therapy. Bachelor's degree as Physical Therapist and 5 years of experience, OR Master's or Doctorate degree required.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but not required. For Home Health positions one year of clinical experience required.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the Virginia Board of Physical Therapy.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. BLS-certified (from a Carilion approved program) within six months of employment.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142920
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care
Shift Details: M-F with weekend rotation
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.