• State/Province: Virginia
• Business Group: DCS
• Business Line: B&P - Buildings & Places
• Work Location Model: Hybrid
• Operating Group: Americas
• Primary Location: US - Roanoke, VA - 10 S Jefferson St
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM has excellent career opportunities for a creative, highly talented, and experienced Senior Architect for a USAID project in the Middle East (Ramallah – West Bank). The Senior Architect will work on a new set of healthcare projects for USAID in East Jerusalem and the West Bank. The projects relate to a US initiative to support healthcare in Palestine. This is an immediate need with the project expected to last until September 2024. (There is a possibility of a one-year extension, however, this is uncertain at this time)
The Senior Architect will be responsible for the following:
• Serves as the professional specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility. Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance on their professional interpretations and technical knowledge
• Is a recognized leader and authority in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow, but highly specialized field
• Is responsible for the architectural program when the program is of limited complexity and scope, or plans and coordinates detailed phases of a major program
• This position will provide support and leadership to others in achieving the technical objectives of the overall work effort
• The selected individual will be regularly called upon as a key expert in business development pursuits
• Consult with clients and make recommendations to overall senior project leadership as a key liaison across teams are met
• The position will have a close working relationship with local Architect(s)
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable, and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions. Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc., and many Fortune 500 companies.
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor's degree in architecture plus eight (8) years of relevant experience
• Registered Architect
Preferred Qualifications :
• Knowledge of healthcare facilities is preferred
• Must have project management skills and experience managing a project team
• Professional public speaking, presentation, and facilitation experience
• Experienced working independently as well as leading multi-disciplinary teams
• Experienced in developing creative and innovative graphics and project layouts
• Experienced with Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, and, Adobe Creative Suite
• Must have a demonstrated strong leadership experience
• Ability to work in cross-cultural situations with political, cultural, and ethnic sensitivities and security environments
• This position does not offer sponsorship
• This position does offer relocation assistance
• Living quarters allowance is subject to USAID rates for the West Bank. Generally, apartment rentals
• USAID allowable salary uplifts currently at 40% of base salary plus COLA subject to associated regulations
• The scope of project is presently believed to be revisions to an existing design, and a new design for a hospital expansion
Offered rate of compensation (Washington, D.C. locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $130,000 - $150,000.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
I'm interested I'm interested