Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
Submission for the position: Monitor Technician - Day Shift - (Job Number: 7455-11529)
Monitor Technician - Day Shift
Sovah Health - Martinsville
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health – Martinsville, is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled time!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Health in Martinsville, VA. is seeking a Full Time Monitor Technician for our Day Shift position. The MT will:
· Under the supervision of an RN, performs telemetry monitoring.
· Perform continual surveillance of multiple monitors.
· Identify significant arrhythmias and/or signs of patient distress and intervene appropriately. Identify and corrects for artifacts.
· Report abnormal assessment and telemetry findings or changes in patient physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
· Test equipment for proper working order. Reports equipment problems to supervisor.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school graduate or equivalent required.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Requires the ability to respond quickly and calmly under stressful or emergency situations.
• Must exhibit effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
• Computer skills helpful.
• Full range of motion including handling and lifting patients and/or equipment, manual and finger dexterity, and eye hand coordination.
• Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• May require lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• May require frequent bending, squatting, and kneeling.
· AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) or HeartSaver CPR required.
SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): Virginia-Martinsville