JOB TITLE: Administrative Secretary/Special Population Records
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Special Education and Related Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs clerical work, data entry and maintenance of PowerSchool and VA IEP; does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision.
• Collects, prepares, and maintains files for all students referred for Special Education.
• Maintains eligibility meeting spreadsheet consisting of all special education students and provides information to appropriate staff to ensure timelines are met.
• Maintains eligibility meeting schedules through shared Google calendars.
• Creates and distributes Service Orders requesting evaluations for eligibility meetings.
• Generates and distributes meeting notices in a timely manner for scheduled eligibility meetings.
• Processes files and updates special education spreadsheets following eligibility meetings.
• Creates and sends “Ready to Serve” letters for special education students.
• Attends training sessions regarding electronic data management systems, and stays current on all updates and changes.
• Runs comparison on electronic data management systems to maintain accurate records.
• Assists administrators and staff with VA IEP issues, and updates VA IEP User Information as staff changes.
• Updates beginning of year caseload information for each case manager and school.
• Processes and maintains records of referrals and all eligibility meetings for end-of-year reporting.
• Maintains and transfers student records in accordance with procedures and policies.
• Checks and reviews a variety of data for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established standards and procedures.
• Performs general office tasks, fielding telephone calls, email correspondence, etc.
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. General knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment; general knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic; general knowledge of department programs and policies; ability to type and perform data entry work accurately and at a reasonable rate of speed; ability to operate a variety of data entry and office equipment; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public; ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills expected. Knowledge of Henry County Public Schools policies, procedures, and practices and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Munis preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Work requires reaching, pushing, and pulling, use of hands to grasp, handle or feel, fine manipulation, and repetitive motions. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of office equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities. The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to employees to this job.
Position will be posted until filled.
Henry County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location District Administration Building Salary Range $33,786.00 - $46,509.00 / Per Year Shift Type Full-Time