Pay: $13.50 per hour
Summary :At Great Wolf, the Entertainment Ambassador creates an exciting atmosphere for kids with hands-on, unforgettable experiences. This role leads Great Wolf Lodge kids' activities and entertainment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Personally interact with Great Wolf Lodge guests
• Willingness to perform child-friendly promotional activities on-site and in the community
• Willingness to represent Great Wolf Lodge, and our mission and core values, in a positive manner on and off site
• Perform all branded experiences consistently according to Standard Operating procedures
• Perform high energy brand events/experiences throughout the shift including Storytime, Dance Party, Yoga, Arts and Crafts, Master Magi Ceremony and other Great Wolf Branded experiences.
• Interact with families while leading different hands on activities such as arts and crafts, bingo, board games, etc
• Responsible for all aspects of Character Appearances and Entertainment at the property including:
• Perform character appearance duties according to Great Wolf Lodge standards; learn and perform signature character moves and non-verbal communication strategies. Characters do not speak under any circumstances
• Act as a Guide for characters to and from designated meet and greet locations. Guides are the 'voice' of the character, so must have the ability and will be expected to converse casually and appropriately with guests
• Responsible for character costume operations including care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Commit entirely to the assigned scheduled opportunities for specific characters ("Wiley", "Violet", or other scheduled character) to appear at on-site and off-site events
• All character and guide duties are interchangeable -- it is expected that each Pack Member is willing and able to fulfill both roles as needed
• Participate in seasonal event activities throughout the year.
• Learn new programming multiple times a year including, but not limited to, dances, crafts or themed events.
• When not on break, act as though you are on stage at all times, effectively entertaining Pack Members, families and children through public performance
• Perform and/or provide support to all necessary community appearances. This includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, tradeshows, media and private functions
• Assist Entertainment team with inventory of event & activity materials
• Maintain a safe, clean and professional environment during the organization, coordination and production of branded experiences
Basic Qualifications & Skills
• Comfortable speaking, dancing, and performing in front of large groups of people multiple times a day.
• Some High School education or equivalent
• Flexibility regarding scheduling based on business demands including evenings, weekends, and Holidays
• Proven customer service skills and communication skills; able to read and interpret English language manuals relating to safety, operations, and procedures
• Successful completion of a criminal background and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
• Previous experience in a related field such as Entertainment, Dance, or Theater.
• Charismatic, enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal direction
• Previous as a Character and/or working with children
• Proven teamwork skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to maintain composure in character suits; including heat and humidity for periods of 60 minutes
• Ability to dance and perform in hot, humid, and outdoor environments for periods up to 60 minutes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: $13.50 (minimum) DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Demonstrators and Product Promoters