Base Pay: $- / YEAR Employee Type: Part Time Non Exempt
The head masters coach will communicate effectively and provide leadership in instructional areas of competitive aquatic programs according to the YMCA aquatic policy while maintaining a safe environment. The assistant swim team/masters coach will follow the YMCA philosophy of developing a healthy spirit, mind, and body for his/her self and others while upholding and supporting the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
• Be able to teach the four basic strokes of competitive swimming to participants.Â
• Write workouts for specific group of participants in practice group.Â
• Have assigned lanes reserved and marked a minimum of 15min prior to each practice.
• Attend swim meets when available (if applicable for masters).Â Â
• Check email regularly and respond to requests promptly.
• Begin and end each practice on time.
• Provide a safe and effective practice
• Be open and receptive to feedback from parents and Aquatics Directors.
• Conduct swim tests or skills assessments and provide individualized instruction to each swimmer based on their current skill level and/or goals.
• Maintain current certifications to include CPR/AED, First Aid, and any other deemed mandatory.
• Take daily attendance of all swimmers.
• Help each swimmer to improve their technique/endurance/speed, build relationships with all swimmers, encourage sportsmanship, and ensure all swimmers are following the pool rules and core values.
• Follow pool/facility EAP in the event of an emergency.
• Fill out an incident reports and other legal documents as required by the state and federal law.
• Wear a YMCA coach uniform while on duty.
• Arrive on time to perform assigned duties.
• Be courteous and give sincere attention to participant and parents.
• Promote YMCA swimming and other programs.
• Promote the character development values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Organization and Implementation
• Develop lesson plans for each of the classes assigned.
• Adhere to all pool rules and policies.
• Attend all scheduled staff meetings and training events.
• Know and be ready to implement emergency procedures.
• Create, organize and, implement marketing strategies to grow swim team and/or masters.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Stand for extended period of time in a warm environment.
• Communicate verbally including projecting voice across distances.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Experience with team unify preferred.Â
• Experience with swim team management preferred.Â
• Hourly rate is based on experience and skills brought to the position.Â