Company Name: Kroger Stores
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service by providing an outstanding customer experience. Establish and maintain a safe, clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and control all established quality assurance standards. Monitor all functions, duties and activities related to the Produce department. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
• Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
• Establish department performance goals and empower associates to meet or exceed targets through teamwork.
• Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume.
• Train and develop associates on their job performance and participate in the performance appraisal process.
• Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store, ability to respond to questions, make suggestions, and locate product to ensure customers get the items they need.
• Prepare fruit and vegetable platters/trays.
• Inform customers of produce specials and offer product samples to help customers discover new items.
• Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action.
• Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
• Create and execute sales promotions in partnership with store management.
• Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect the department.
• Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
• Implement the period promotional plan for the department.
• Assist management in preparing the store/department budget, expense control, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
• Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
• Plan and organize the inventory process, maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions, note any discrepancies, train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
• Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
• Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures, identifying unsafe conditions, practicing preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment, notifying store management of any items in need of repair and of customer or employee accidents.
• Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
• Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Must be 18 or older
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
• High school education or equivalent preferred
• Management experience preferred
• Produce/Retail experience
• Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: VA || Martinsville || 240 Commonwealth Blvd W || 24112 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Friendly & Experience; Produce/Floral || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None no requirements Employment Type: OTHER