Job ID 502858BR
Posting Title Associate Team Leader
Our Company At H&R Block, we believe in the power of people helping people. Our defining Purpose is to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients, associates, and communities everywhere. We also believe in a connected culture, valuing diversity and inclusion and making everyone feel like they belong.
We strive to continuously improve our business and have committed to a long-term strategy and transformation plan known as Block Horizons 2025. Our end goal is simple: bigger ambitions, faster transformation, and extraordinary results. It's an exciting time to be a part of H&R Block!
At H&R Block, we're curious, creative, and always on the move. If you embrace challenges as opportunities and seek to make a meaningful difference where you live, work, and play, our door is always open.
A Typical Day...
Helping others is what we do best here, which means you will get to see the impact of your work firsthand. As you inspire people to make confident, informed decisions about their lives, careers, and money, you will build client relationships that will grow stronger each year.
Joining us as an Associate Team Leader , you'll support a single retail office during tax season to consistently exceed client expectations and provide daily operations direction for the tax office. You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in early December as you ramp up for the busy tax season and transition to a full-time schedule from January through April.
What you'll bring to the team... • Support the Multi-Unit Team Leader, serving as onsite point of contact for tax office associates and clients, ensuring quality and consistent execution that will allow us to promote the value of H&R Block
• Execute and hold all tax office associates accountable to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) execution and client service experience, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General Manager as necessary
• Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
• Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General Manager as necessary
• Lead the office from the front desk, providing phone coverage and engaging with clients to deliver an outstanding experience
• Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates are scheduled, and work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
• Lead daily huddles and communicate essential information to office associates
• Prior experience working in customer service or similar role
• Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and manage day-to-day office operations
• Customer-centric mindset and strong communication skills
• Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Positive attitude
• Able to work a flexible work schedule of 40 hours per week and flexibility based on business needs
• High school diploma / equivalent or higher
It would be even better if you also had... • Experience supervising or managing people
• History of delivering outstanding customer experiences
Perks of the job...
At H&R Block, we believe and invest in our people by committing to their total well-being. Our benefit offerings can help associates plan for their unique health, wellbeing and financial wellness needs.
• Medical coverage and well-being programs including mental health support and coaching
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Tax prep benefit - allows eligible associates to receive the same tax preparation as our clients, all with no direct cost to you!
• Other perks like flexible/remote opportunities that meet your life, collaborative teams and much more!
The Community You Will Join:
At H&R Block we remain committed to building a Connected Culture — one in which trust, care, and connections are how we work together as we continue to create an environment where everyone feels safe to bring their authentic self to work every day and feels like they belong as part of a larger team.