Newborn Hearing Screen Technician
Requisition ID 2023-41470
Position Type Casual Part-Time
HR Rep / Recruiter Haley Dennison
Join us in making a difference in the early detection of hearing loss in newborns as a Newborn Hearing Screen Technician!
As a newborn hearing screen technician, you will provide hearing screens in the hospital to babies who are just a few days old. Y ou will work on-site at one or more hospital locations to screen newborns for medical disorders that may occur in or after the newborn phase. We provide you on the job training needed to succeed!
On a typical day, you will conduct newborn hearing screens, usually in a new mom’s hospital room, and help educate parents about the importance of the screen using video and printed tools we provide. You will also be in charge of entering patient data and validation of hearing screens, as needed. Additional responsibilities may include helping to confirm or reschedule outpatient appointments, following up on any equipment issues and training new staff.
• Performing newborn hearing screens
• Verifying insurance information with parent/guardian
• Documenting hearing screen results accurately
• Following protocol for timely submission of billing
• Following protocol related to security and identification of infants
• Following infection control, safety awareness and other hospital, company, and program policies
• Recognizing potential problems and obtaining assistance, when necessary, in a timely manner
• Completion of company and hospital orientation or classes, including patient privacy training
• Completion and maintenance of employee health requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience working with infants preferred
• Experience in a hospital setting preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer proficiency and ability to perform accurate data entry
• Ability to prioritize daily tasks and assignments
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility to work on weekends and national holidays required
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to stand and walk frequently (95% of shift)
• Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds frequently
Minimum Qualification/Education Level: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Preferred Experience Years: One to three months related experience
Experience Industry: Healthcare
Benefits and Compensation
Benefits for Full Time employee and qualified dependents:
• Health Insurance including prescription drugs
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term disability options
• Employee stock purchase program – 15% discount*
• 401k with company match**
• Long Term Care (LTC)
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Aflac Hospital, Critical Illness and Accident plans
• Identity Protection
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Part Time Regular employee classifications also receive this benefit
** Available to part-time regular and part-time casual employees age 21 and over
Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix family and help shape the future of health care.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are becoming increasingly common. All genuine Pediatrix job postings can be found through the Pediatrix Careers site: www.pediatrix.com/careers
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Forward to a Friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS