TX - Grapevine, TX
Installation - Maint - Repair
The Server Repair Tech will be responsible for testing, trouble shooting, and replacement of parts on servers sent to SMS for diagnosis and repair.
• Daily Responsibilities 90%
• Inspect, test, and diagnose servers
• Replace parts as needed
• Conduct and analyze server stress tests
• Document all symptoms, test results, and parts replaced in shop floor tool
• Collaborate with motherboard repair, motherboard testing, QC, and inspections personnel
• Provide back up for QC, inspection, and motherboard testing
• Maintain parts consumption
• Other duties as assigned by leadership
• Team building & leadership 10%
• Maintain and nurture positive work environment
• Work and collaborate with other teams such as warehouse, shipping, receiving, etc.
• Follow process for system and parts managements
Other Personal Skills Required
• Know basic server architecture
• Know how to assemble components to make server functional
• Run and understand testing diagnostics
• Understand basic networking architecture
• Understand basic error codes
• Able to trouble shoot common server errors and issues
• Motivated to solve problems
• Interested in constantly learning about servers and networking
Education or Experience or Demonstrated Skill Set
• Needs high school diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer to have 1-year experience in Repair Depot.
• Prefer to have worked in a low production PC type environment.
• Must be able to read and write English.
• Experience of simple or repetitive component replacement such as LCD/HDD for multiple commodities
• Should have working knowledge of different models such as ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Apple, and Acer etc.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Demonstrated skill set while working with Temp Agency
• Job requires the ability to clearly organize and categorize work priorities to complete assigned tasks.
• Requires demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions and ideas.
• Job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your hands, wrists, and fingers to use a computer keyboard, and other small handheld tools.
• Must be hands-on and have ambition with the drive to succeed - Makes things happen.
• Goal oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through teamwork.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Shows determination to achieve excellent results
• Finds better ways
• Demands top performance
• Inspires commitment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit/stand for long periods of time. Employee must be able to lift objects approximately up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to tolerate moderate to high noise levels in a warehouse environment. Office and outside environmental conditions found in the warehouse, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Individuals may need to walk for an extensive period of time while working and walking the facilities; to reach over shoulder heights; bend or stoop below the waist; repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement.
SMS InfoComm Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and Inclusion are the foundation of our culture.