How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Under general supervision of the Principal Investigator, assists with administrative activities associated with the conduct of research studies including industry sponsored, grant funded, or internally funded studies while maintaining compliance with guidelines set by governing agencies and institutional policy. This position will be assigned to support minimal risk or non-interventional studies, unless assigned to serve in a support function for greater than minimal risk studies that also include a Clinical Research Coordinator or Clinical Research Nurse.
• Under supervision of Principal Investigator, assist in overseeing compliance to research protocols. Assists with completion and submission of study related documentation.
• Communicates with study team, research sponsor or CRO, local or central IRB, Office of Sponsored Projects, and other ancillary departments to ensure smooth implementation of research protocol and ongoing maintenance.
• Assist in monitoring enrollment goals. Coordinates tasks related to research subjects such as assisting with development of informed consents and screening materials, scheduling visits, obtaining informed consent, and acting as a liaison between research participants and the research study team.
• Collects data from patient charts, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources. Collect research specimens as directed in the protocol.
• Ensure compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies. Tracks and reports adverse events and protocol deviations.
• Under supervision of Principal Investigator, coordinates all site related monitoring or auditing visits from sponsor and/or federal agency during the course of the study and at closure.
• Prepares, submits and maintains IRB, OSP, FDA and/or any other funding or regulatory documents and research correspondence.
• Develops and maintains patient databases and study maintenance logs including but not limited to training logs, delegation of responsibility logs, screening logs, and enrollment logs.
What We Require:
Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Science or a related field required. Three (3) years experience in clinical research may be substituted for education.
Experience: 1 year in healthcare or research preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: IATA required with hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and internet environment. Knowledge of medical and/or pharmaceutical terminology strongly desired. Strong organization and communication skills required. Able to work with multiple interruptions and to perform multiple tasks at any given time.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142855
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Primarily day shift; evenings and weekend work possible
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.