Who We Are :
Since 1948, The Rescue Mission of Roanoke has been on the mission of “ Helping Hurting People in Jesus’ Name .” The Mission nourishes the mind, body, and spirit, through dedicated team members and volunteers that extend the compassion of Christ to our neighbors in need.
We are a non-profit, faith based, equal opportunity employer.
Reception serves as the front door to the Rescue Mission for guests, donors, volunteers, team members and the community-at-large. Represents the spirit of the organization’s mission statement and serves as the coordinator of multiple reception duties. Receptionist duties include answering/transferring phone calls, greeting customers, voucher and donations processing, transportation assistance, active engagement with volunteers.
Reports to: Director of Development
Hours of Availability:
Full-Time with Flexible schedule between 7am –7pm; availability 7 days per week (as needed)
Rescue Mission Main Building
402 4th Street, SE
Roanoke, VA 24013
Compensation : $13.00
Our Team Members should exhibit the following:
• Possess a sincere love of Christ and maintain a Christian walk that is evident of that love. Individual must be willing to adhere to The Rescue Mission of Roanoke’s Statement of Faith.
• Demonstrates a genuine interest in the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
• Understanding of volunteer engagement and ability to utilize and appreciate volunteers in daily tasks.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to work as scheduled to include holidays and weekends as assigned.
• Strong listening, as well as written & verbal communication skills to execute instructions, keep others informed and exhibit professionalism.
• Demonstrated attention to detail/strong organizational skills to assist with multiple daily assignments and special projects.
• Ambitious to exceed expectations.
Job Specific Qualifications:
• Professional, friendly, patient, and attentive to details and accuracy
• Pleasant telephone etiquette
• Basic keyboarding skills to include Microsoft Office and database experience helpful
• Ability to operate in a confidential setting
• Ability to learn multi line telephone system
• Ability to learn new software programs
• Ability to work weekends as scheduled; fill-in as needed
All Rescue Mission of Roanoke team members may be asked to complete other duties as assigned by the leadership/management. Expectation is to complete these assignments as requested.
Physical demands essential to performing the job duties of this position (not an all-inclusive list ).
Consistently - Communicating with others to exchange information; verbally and/or electronically
Prolonged computer use; computer screen exposure
Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing (80%)
Frequent moving around to accomplish a task
Lift up to 30 pounds; not typically repetitive
Temperatures may vary depending on activity/events; indoor/outdoor exposure
Noise levels may vary depending on activity/event and/or location
Occasional exposure to cleaning general chemicals
The Rescue Mission of Roanoke is a drug and tobacco-free workplace.
We look forward to reviewing your qualifications!
Employment Type: Full-Time