Requisition ID: 168589
Posting Locations: Roanoke
Rate Frequency: Hourly
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards , competitive pay , career advancement and growth opportunities .
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
This is a full-time role working 3:00 p.m. until completion.
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for assisting the Warehouse Manager and, or Supervisor(s) in all areas of Warehouse Operations by providing leadership to the team, training and evaluating Warehouse Personnel and processes, and maintaining the ability to provide expertise and hands-on assistance in any area of warehouse operations when required. The Warehouse Lead will provide feedback on performance, assist in interviewing potential candidates, provide direction of work to the assigned team, and provide guidance and support to any specific area of responsibility and, or team as designated by the Warehouse Manager. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager and, or Supervisor(s) and handles issues occurring within the warehouse regarding processes or personnel while promoting all policies, safety procedures, goals, expectations, and CCCI’s purpose and values.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Leads and directs the daily activities of warehouse teammates to ensure the safe and successful completion of all related daily warehouse activities and operations
• Verifies and ensures all applicable warehouse processes are followed including, but not limited to, the processes for handling damaged product check-in, etc., while handling any specific areas of responsibility as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and, or Supervisor(s)
• Trains and leads Warehouse Personnel and evaluates processes striving for continuous improvements
• Communicates with Warehouse Management and Warehouse Personnel as it relates to identified process improvements, personnel improvements, quality, Out-of-Stocks (OOS), etc.
• Leads and models the safety culture and strive for 100% compliance concerning safety policies and procedures
• Supports, leads, and motivates a team to deliver results by communicating company goals, safety practices, and deadlines; engaging and developing teammates through effective on-the-job coaching and training; implementing continuous improvement methods while maintaining customer focus; embodying company purpose and values to inspire servant leadership
• Assists in interviewing potential candidates and influences and advises management on performance management matters. May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of all Warehouse Processes and Warehouse Systems
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong communication skills - written and oral. Computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere while walking and repetitively lifting 30 lbs.
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Ability to collaborate within a team environment
• Ability to coordinate and organize efficient and dependable warehouse processes
• Ability to adapt to needs of role in different work areas throughout the workday and meet minimum expectations of those different work areas
• Ability to read and interpret instructions from a computer screen
• Attention to detail and ability to differentiate our packages
• Ability to work in a noisy and non-climate controlled (hot in summer, cold in winter) environment
• Intentional self-starter who takes initiative and proactively seeks out value-add opportunities
• Flexibility (Schedules, Hours change with the demands of the business).
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work experience
• PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) Certification: Pallet Jack, Forklift, Double Forklift, Hy-Jaws, Ty-Guard, Triple Double, Switch Tractor, and Floor Scrubber
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment (hot in summer/cold in winter)
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.