Job Title: Finance System Support Clerk Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director Data Systems Pay Grade: Technology 2
Dept./School: Technology Services Date Revised: 8/2023
Responsible for supporting users of the district information system for financial services (Skyward). Support includes but is not limited to report writing, data extraction and delivery, remote and local troubleshooting, and general assistance within the supported systems—the ability to support campus staff and assist with procedure manuals and training.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of three years of experience with state reporting or software applications in an educational setting is preferred.
• Customer service oriented
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Initiative and problem-solving skills
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
• Able to manage accurate and suitable records
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference and to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations .
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Knowledge of Skyward Finance and/or HR preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide first-level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues related to technical support for district finance and HR system
• Assist with the management of district time clocks and associated applications
• Work with PEIMS Coordinator and Director of Data Systems to resolve state reporting problems, communicate district needs, and troubleshoot issues.
• Assist with data reports as requested by GCISD Staff.
• To ensure consistent practices, assist in the development of procedures for school staff involved in budget entry and day to day operations.
• Assist with resolving Skyward and state reporting issues, and ensuring accuracy and compliance deadlines are met.
• Conduct routine data checks to ensure all documentation and procedures comply with state law
• Develop and maintain a strong sense of customer service. Communicate with various stakeholders including campus personnel, district and state administrators, and other District personnel.
• Meet with new employees to present/explain how Skyward Finance and HR system works.
• Assist with training related to Skyward Finance
• Assist with Skyward Finance rights and assignments
• Assist with collection of public information request data
Personal computers, laptops, mobile computing devices, telecommunications equipment, networking equipment, wireless access devices, audio/video equipment and other peripheral devices.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; have the dexterity of hands and fingers for keyboarding and other job functions; able to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch; able to lift, carry, push and/or pull items of up to 50lbs.
Primary Location Administration Building Salary Range $172.50 / Per Day Shift Type Part-Time