“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
• 15,000 trained professionals
• 250+ locations worldwide
• Fortune 500
• Globally unified systems
Scope of Position:
• To proactively ensure import department meets the highest standards of import Customs compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prevent late files/payments by ensuring proper use of the statement management reports.
• Assist in the enforcement of Expeditors’ Brokerage Operational Process Standards, policies and procedures.
• Review all Powers of Attorney received by the branch for validity, and review attached Importer Questionnaire for completeness; upload valid POA and Importer Questionnaire into the POA Tool.
Internal Reviews and Monitoring
• Conduct daily reviews via IDMA (Import Daily Monitoring Application) in accordance with Expeditors’ Import Daily Monitoring Program. Derive training topics from results.
• Monitor customs rejections. Report results to the U.S. and Canada Customs Compliance Manager in the annual Self-Audit. Derive training topics from results.
• Conduct 361 reviews
• Assist District Compliance Manager with ensuring all monitoring reports are reviewed timely.
• Ensure that branch employees are kept up to date on Customs and PGA related developments. Read daily publications of Broker Power’s International Trade Today , CSMS Messages from CBP, local customs publications (eg. Pipelines, Public Bulletins, etc.). Visit customs and PGA websites on a regular basis.
• Ensure familiarity with Customs’ Informed Compliance Publications.
• Attend monthly Brokerage/Compliance Managers’ Conference Calls.
• Meet regularly with export Customs compliance counterpart.
• Ensure proper and timely filing of PSCs, protests, supplemental duty tenders, etc., in accordance with regulatory, OPS and CHQ guidelines.
• Report all penalties and liquidated damages to U.S. and Canada Compliance Manager.
• Manage all post entry activities.
• Ensure proper handling/monitoring of all TIB entries. Notify clients of a TIB status at least three times during the course of a bond. Use the form letter provided in OPS Manual.
• Prepare and hold training sessions on a regular basis for entry personnel. Topics should be based on the following:
• Issues apparent on customs reject spreadsheet
• Problems discovered during the daily reviews (IDMA)
• New customs/PGA developments and procedures
• Assist entry personnel with compliance-related questions and issues.
• Support sales staff and import manager in new business development, as needed.
• Customs Broker’s License
• 3 years' experience in U.S. Customs brokerage
• Strong analytical ability
• Strong working knowledge of CFIT and Expeditors' import applications
• Proficiency in the following software products:
MS Office - Word, Excel, Access, Power Point
• Customs business understanding; current customs environment
• Strong understanding of 19 CFR (Parts 1 – 199) and the HTSUSA
• Customer service skills to deal with branch personnel and external customers; ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization interfacing with supervisors, peers and clients
• Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks to completion simultaneously
• Research skills, problem solving and follow-up skills
• Ability to relate to clients, Customs and other government officials, and employees at all levels
• Hands-on knowledge of Operational Process Standards desk procedures
• Ability to articulate clearly through written and oral presentation
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
• Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
• Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
• Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
I'm interested I'm interested