Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Field Research Intern to participate in a 3-month internship designed to give broad based exposure of day-to-day research activities in both plant breeding and trait development. Sharing resources across these breeding and trait development groups facilitates more efficient integrated product development. You will get the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the research center's activities.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
• You will work as part of a team in one or more of the following research areas: field plot research, planting, plot establishment and maintenance, organizing and completing pollination, and data collection of traits important to a breeding program
• You will be responsible for collection of high quality data on specific traits of economic importance. You will be expected to travel to other locations as part of the data collection process.
• You will also manage your own research project with the expectation of a verbal report to the larger intern group found throughout the United States.
• Intern positions provide excellent experience that can be applied to full time positions in the industry, or in preparation for additional graduate level training in the plant sciences.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
• Priority will be given to students that are at least current sophomores at an accredited university. Interns can be undergraduate or graduate students.
• Education focus in Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Genetics, Biology or a related field
• Agricultural background beneficial
• Preference will be given to student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
• Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
• Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
• Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
• Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
• Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
• Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
• Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
• Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
$1-$1000000 per YEAR