Job Title: Registrar/Compliance Specialist Days/Status: Nonexempt,220 Days
Department/School: iUniversity Prep Pay Grade: Clerical 3
Reports to: Director of iUniversity Prep
The primary purpose is to maintain accurate and compliant student data at the campus level. Process student enrollment, transfers, and withdrawals for the campus. Provide weekly created reports for attendance, accountability, and student progress and student engagement.
High School diploma or equivalent
Three years clerical experience
Previous experience in an educational setting preferred
Highly proficient computer skills, including demonstrated ability to develop spreadsheets, expert skills in spreadsheet formulas and manipulation of data. Proficiency in macros is preferred.
Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Highly effective in maintaining accurate and auditable records
Proactive and independent with the ability to accommodate frequent interruptions
Knowledge of District organization and operations
Ability to operate office equipment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Verify new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools, verification of residency, setting up digital cumulative folders, and entering student data in appropriate databases. Process all registration documents prior to admitting student to school.
• Process enrollment, withdrawals, and transfer of students and maintain applicable records.
• Input student schedules into multiple management systems and databases and verify accuracy of all data.
• Maintain records including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, and grades.
• Download, distribute and prepare reports for sync, including attendance, rosters, progress reports and grades.
• Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts for colleges and universities.
• Assist with correction and maintenance of Public Education Information Management Systems (PEIMS) data into established database and verify accuracy of data according to established procedures to ensure data integrity according to TEA (Texas Education Agency) standards.
• Calculate grade point averages, class rank, and prepare honor rolls.
• Coordinate testing logistics, spreadsheets and data retrieval.
• Prepare and disaggregate data electronically for accountability and attendance evaluation.
• Coordinate the ordering and distribution of all graduate materials, including caps and gowns and diplomas.
• Act as campus liaison for parents of new students, including providing campus information to parents and answering questions. Complete enrollment verifications as requested.
• Liaison to call parents regarding attendances, progress and absences.
• Process student withdrawals and verify all leavers.
• Participate in meetings/training sessions as designed by campus or district staff.
• Assist in campus duty assignments as required.
• Maintain confidentiality, positivity, proactivity and team attitude.
• Regular and consistent attendance.
• All other duties as assigned.
Mental/Physical/Environmental Demands :
Maintain emotional control under stress; Repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer, and continuous sitting; Demonstrate patience and flexibility in changing job demands and when interacting with parents, staff, students, phone calls, and the public, including working with frequent interruptions.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Primary Location iUniversity Prep Virtual Academy Salary Range $123.75 / Per Day Shift Type Full-Time