$14.80 - $17.49 Hourly
New Ulm, MN
Park & Rec
General Description Duties for this position are light custodial, ice schedule coordination with users, ice resurfacing (zamboni), and customer service. Experience preferred, but willing to train. During the hockey and figure skating season, weekend events include tournaments and competitions in addition to regular weekly practice and game schedules.
Hours: 1-2 weekends per month (Saturdays & Sundays), not necessarily together
1-2 weeknights per week if preferred or available (2:30 – 3:00 start time)
Flexible, willing to work with schedules
Hours are available year-round or just winter season
Position will be open until filled.
***INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED AS APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIEVED*** Essential Functions of the Job / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Sweep, vacuum, mop and scrub floors in team rooms, public bathrooms, hallways, pool decks and other designated areas.
• Clean windows and wash walls.
• Empty trash receptacles and recycle qualifying refuse.
• Operate floor scrubber, wet/dry vacuum, floor buffer, push mower and other larger mowers.
• Shovel snow.
• Rake leaves and assist with pruning hedges.
• Pick up trash in parking lots and activity areas.
• Clean bleacher areas and ball parks.
• Drag ball fields and assist with other general athletic field maintenance.
• Open facilities for use and close them at the end of the work day.
• Set up for sporting events and other activities.
• Building, lawn, and pool maintenance.
• Adheres to all safety practices and procedures and attends all training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Ability to perform general maintenance duties.
• Knowledge of general maintenance and cleaning practices.
• Ability to operate Zamboni, mowers and other power equipment.
• Ability to take pool and compressor readings and accurately enter data in record book.
• Ability to learn to work with chemicals and to properly treat swimming pools.
• Ability to work in a safe manner and comply with all safety procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of pool chemistry, electrical, HVAC, and boiler systems, cleaning equipment to include bio-hazards.
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a crew, efficiently and cooperatively.
Education and Experience Position requires a high school diploma, GED or enrollment in a qualified course of study the completion of which results with a diploma or GED and a valid driver's license. Some proven experience in any of the following areas: grounds maintenance or landscaping; swimming pool maintenance; boiler operation; building maintenance and cleaning; minor plumbing repair; and planting and caring for trees, shrubs and other ground vegetation.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Physical Requirements This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds to in excess of 100 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing, walking, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms and pushing or pulling, frequently requires stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and lifting and occasionally requires climbing or balancing and tasting or smelling; work requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception, color perception and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts within arms length, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work regularly requires exposure to wet humid conditions (non-weather), frequently requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts, working in high, precarious places, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, exposure to extreme cold (non-weather), exposure to extreme heat (non-weather), exposure to vibration, wearing a self contained breathing apparatus and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).