$14.80 - $17.49 Hourly
New Ulm, MN
General Description Under the general direction of the Community Cable Access Coordinator, prepares and coordinates the production of public meetings of the City Council, Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and other City of New Ulm commissions for cablecast on New Ulm public access cable television. Assists with the public, education and government access production responsibilities of New Ulm Community Access Television.
Hours are typically Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m., but flexibility is needed including some weekends.
***POSITION WILL BE OPEN UNTIL FILLED, INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED AS APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED***
Essential Functions of the Job / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Assist with daily NUCAT office duties such as; completing DVD orders, compressing video files, programming channel content, and handling check-in and check-out of video and audio equipment.
• Assist with the production of original staff created video content including producing, camera and audio equipment operation, and post-production techniques.
• Utilize production equipment to ensure the effective coverage of the public meetings of the City Council, PUC and other City Commissions assigned for coverage.
• Utilize production equipment to ensure the effective coverage of other assigned public events, such as candidate debates, community forums or parades.
• Assist local producers with video editing and studio productions.
• Record and produce on-location events.
• Operate studio control equipment, such as an audio board, lighting, cameras,and switcher.
• Present and maintain a professional demeanor in all aspects associated with the production and coverage of public meetings and events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA's) • Ability to understand, troubleshoot and perform general care and maintenance of and operate production equipment.
• Ability to maintain concentration during production sessions and follow and anticipate meeting or event activities.
• Proficient in the use of a personal computer and associated software.
• Knowledge of audio/video production including non-linear video editing software.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate a video camera in a professionally acceptable manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff, elected officials and the public.
• Ability to learn and become skilled in the use of electronic and computerized production equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and understand and follow oral and written direction.
• Ability to adjust equipment to maintain visual and audio quality through sensory feedback.
• Ability to understand automatic playback systems.
• Ability to understand non-linear (NLE) software.
Education and Experience EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Position requires a high school diploma, or equivalent and a valid driver's license. One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a progressively responsible mass media, photo or video production related environment is preferred. An associate's degree in video or television production, or a related field, may substitute for the work experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The work schedule for this position will be determined by the public meetings schedule or as determined by the supervisor to meet the operating needs of the public, education and government access function of New Ulm Community Access Television.
Physical Requirements This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and repetitive motions, frequently requires walking and occasionally requires standing, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and lifting; work requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception, color perception, night vision and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts within arms-length, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires working in high, precarious places, exposure to outdoor weather conditions and exposure to the risk of electrical shock; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).