Job Class: Nursing Evaluator
Agency: Health Department
• Who May Apply : Open for bids and to all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be considered through 06/02/2023.
• Date Posted : 05/27/2023
• Closing Date : 06/09/2023
• Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit : Health Department / Health-MNA
• Division/Unit : Health Regulation / Federal Rapid Response
• Work Shift/Work Hours : Day Shift / 8:00am - 4:30pm
• Days of Work : Monday - Friday
• Travel Required : Yes - Up to 75% of the time
• Salary Range: $32.92 - $48.78 / hourly; $68,736 - $101,852 / annually
• Classified Status : Classified
• Bargaining Unit/Union : 205 - MN Nurses Association/MNA
• Anticipated Start Date : 08/02/2023
• FLSA Status : Exempt - Professional
• Telework Eligible : Yes
• Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities : Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Use your nursing knowledge and expertise to be part of a team that provides surveillance and evaluation of health care providers to confirm compliance with Federal and State laws and rules related to the provision of nursing and health services.
This position will be based out of the Mankato district office location with 75% of work time spent onsite performing surveillance of facilities located in the South/South central region of Minnesota. When not onsite, remaining follow-up work is performed by teleworking from your home office.
• Evaluate health care providers using nursing and health knowledge and expertise of survey documents.
• Identify and implement continuous quality improvement processes.
• Document conclusions to determine degree of regulation compliance e regulations.
• Make periodic unannounced follow-up visits to health care providers to ascertain compliance with correction orders and deficiencies previously issued.
• Attend legal proceedings or hearings regarding deficiencies, issuance of penalty assessments, abuse/neglect, or termination/adverse action situations.
Candidates must be available for occasional weekend work and overnight travel.
The majority of work hours are between 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday and the need for weekend or overnight travel is determined by inspection workload.
Reimbursement for authorized business travel expenses is provided according to bargaining unit guidelines.
Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse license in Minnesota.
Three years of professional experience in a health care setting in positions that may include the following:
• Registered Nurse (RN)
• Charge Nurse (must include at least two years as an RN Charge nurse)
• RN Supervisor
• Director of Nursing
• Health Care Administrator
Substitute a Master's degree in Nursing, Public Health, Health Care Administration, Psychology, Social Work, Medical Field or closely related area for 18 months of experience; a Bachelor's degree in one of the above areas may be substituted for one year of experience.
Additional Requirements to be assessed at interview:
• Oral communications skills sufficient to interview staff, residents, clients and patients.
• Critical thinking skills sufficient to collect and analyze information, identify areas of focus, and make decisions based on evidence gathered.
• Listening skills sufficient to ascertain level of compliance in meeting resident/client needs.
• Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships, inform providers of deficiencies and other pertinent findings, and participate in legal proceedings.
• Written communication skills sufficient to document concise, accurate and complete information and conclusions.
• Computer skills sufficient to document findings and conclusions.
• Successful completion of the Federal Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT).
• Experience with the federal informal dispute resolution process for federally certified nursing homes.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to nursing and health services and the ability to interpret these laws and regulations for implementation.
• Experience conducting internal quality assurance activities.
• Experience working in a federally certified care facility such as a nursing home, supervised living facility, physical therapist in independent practice, comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility, etc.
• Decision-making skills sufficient to make conclusions during surveys and defend legal actions on deficiencies related to nursing, medical and health care.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
This employment does not require a valid driver’s license, but it does demand travel, which the candidate will be responsible for meeting.
Completion of the Federal Surveyor Minimum Qualification Test (SMQT) after training provided by MDH.
How to Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Lisa Jacques at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Lisa Jacques at email@example.com .
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Health Department
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employee longevity and job satisfaction.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
• 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
• 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
• 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
• 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
• Public pension plan
• Training and professional development
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays each year
• Paid parental leave
• Low-cost medical and dental coverage
• Prescription drug coverage
• Vision coverage
• Wellness programs and resources
• Employer paid life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Health care spending and savings accounts
• Dependent care spending account
• Tax-deferred compensation
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com and indicate what assistance is needed. Employment Type: Full-Time