Grapevine, TX, USA Req #2879
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Purchasing Manager will assist in running the day-to-day parts planning activities including forecasting demand, determining appropriate stocking levels, deploying material amongst facilities in the network, ensuring stock preparations for new model launches/campaigns/other special events, monitoring performance of vendors and the supply chain, and leading continuous improvement projects. The primary goal is to provide the desired level of both overall and facing fill while balancing inventory investment, operational impacts, and transportation costs. Achievement of these responsibilities may require leadership of project teams.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES : This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
• Employ advanced demand planning concepts and extensive technical skills to ensure demand forecasts and desired stocking levels deliver overall and facing fill rates and inventory goals.
• Oversees all aspects of inventory management solutions including forecasting, stock level determination, replenishment, and deployment.
• Monitors, generates and interprets results of reports necessary to supporting achievement of Kubota goals.
• Initiates and improves demand planning processes, fill rates, inventory performance, and supply chain costs.
• Develop, build, test, and deploy optimization tools and processes.
• Produce detailed analysis with organized conclusions related to projects and proposals for presentation to management.
• Executing and developing work instructions to perform tasks.
• Train, mentor and support less experienced team members including providing leadership and expertise to Buyers so they can improve their effectiveness and drive better supply chain performance.
• Demonstrate cross-functional supply chain knowledge with the ability to provide overall supply guidance to other functional areas (Ops, IT, Transportation, etc.)
• Work with Purchasing to ensure that inventory is ordered optimally
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in related discipline such as Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, etc. preferred:
• In lieu of a degree at least 10 years’ of experience required.
• With a degree at least 7 years’ of experience required.
• Must have extensive knowledge of inventory management philosophies and application experience including high skill levels with demand/inventory planning systems and the ability to querying/analysis data from multiple sources. Programming experience is preferred.
• SAP ERP (APO, WM, BW) and warehouse management systems experience is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in inventory management, preferably in Agriculture, Automotive, or Construction heavy duty equipment industries.
• Must have Lean skills and experience (TPS, Six Sigma).
• Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to apply basic statistical concepts.
• Familiarity with advanced optimization techniques.
• Advanced knowledge if use of Excel (formulas, pivot tables, power pivots, charts, etc.)
• Technical knowledge of IT systems and office programs
• Self-motivated to initiate, drive and own projects; ability to work independently, in teams, and with team members in multiple locations; proven leadership abilities focused on continuous improvement
Typical office environment.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
• Job Family Manager
• Pay Type Salary
• Grapevine, TX, USA
Share this job: