How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
**This position is located at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital ***
The PACU has an ICU level of care. They provide care for post-operative patients in post anesthesia care setting. Critical care, high acuity, and fast paced.
This position is full time, working 0900 - 2130 with occasional weekends
Successful candidate MUST BE able to attend required orientation classes during day time hours, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm for the first 2 weeks. These classes are mandatory! At least two classes are being conducted online, but the rest of them will require you to attend classes in person.
Here is an opportunity to thrive and bring your valuable skills to life within a setting known for providing the best quality care to patients. As a member of the clinical team, you will act as the clerical support, receptionist, and unit resource to support your team members in the unit health-care team. You’ll perform basic clinical services relating to the care, cleanliness, safety, and comfort of patients of all genders.
The Clinical Associate job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Exhibit competent knowledge of EMR and assist with chart audits.
• Provide support for department/unit staff scheduling, including lunch assignments.
• Review medical records for outstanding orders and notify nurse of stat orders and medication changes.
• Order department/unit supplies and equipment, and stock/organize supplies.
• Process equipment between patients as needed (clean unit-based equipment and gather supplies needed to operate equipment). Operate and maintain general office equipment.
• Receive and screen incoming calls via telephone and patient call system. Route calls to appropriate individuals and take messages accurately.
• Monitor cleanliness of the waiting and break rooms and perform safety/environmental rounds.
What We Require:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• American Heart Association - Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR) Certificate.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Automated computer system proficiency.
• Excellent organization and time-management skills.
• Clerical, medical terminology, and healthcare experience preferred. Previous experience in direct patient care desirable.
• If employee is working in a Critical Access Area, a Certified Nursing Assistant is required. Must have successfully completed NA course or successfully challenged NA course with Carilion. Successful completion of Monitor Tech courses through Carilion required if working in a monitored area. Successful completion of phlebotomy and sheath courses through Carilion required if working in areas where the skill set is required. Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. National Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 140995
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: 900-2130
Recruiter: SARAH R BOSWELL
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.