How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Here is the opportunity to apply your meticulous skills in a dynamic new environment defined by a deep commitment to your personal well-being and professional development. We believe that by fostering a supportive and empowering work culture, we can create a positive impact in the world and achieve our goals together.
As a vital member on our team, you’ll play a vital role by delivering sterile supplies, maintain inventory, and preparing sterile instrument trays for surgeries, examinations and procedures. We offer on the job training and opportunity for advancement to create the career you want.
Job duties of the Central Services Technician include:
• Receive contaminated minor equipment and instruments for sorting and decontamination.
• Manually cleaning instruments of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment.
• Preparing and organizing decontaminated instruments for sterilization.
• Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment.
• Examining instruments meticulously to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized.
• Testing and reporting any issues or problems with the sterilization equipment.
• Sterilizing, preparing, wrapping, and organizing instruments into designated trays for use during medical procedures.
• Preparing all necessary instruments for surgeries, examinations, medical procedures, and medical carts.
• Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, and equipment maintenance.
• Controlling the inventory and checking expiration dates.
What We Require:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Experience in position preferred but not required
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
• Completion of orientation in a satisfactory manner
• Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job.
• Passion for keeping people safe.
• Good judgement and critical-thinking skills.
• Manual dexterity and the ability to handle fragile equipment.
• The ability to work well in a team or independently.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 140678
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Full time Monday - Friday with hours between 7:00am - 7:00pm
Recruiter: REBECCA MINOR
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4005
Recruiter Email: Rminor@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.