Forklift Operator - Experienced - FT
FRITO LAY Roanoke, VA (Onsite) Full-Time
Apply on company site
United States of America
Is Full Time?:
$21 / HR
6am- until work is complete
Frito-Lay Core Warehouse Material Handlers can expect to complete a variety of warehouse duties typically found in a traditional warehouse setting. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making and distributing the very best snacks for over 80 years. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical schedule. As a Full-Time team member, you would work on average between 40 and 50 hours per week and be eligible to receive full company benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for the entirety of your shift. You will be loading and unloads cases about 70% of your time and 30% of you time will be operating a forklift. Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the workday:
• Load and unload individual floor stacked cases of product off trailers onto pallet boards and move them to and from trailers or within the warehouse.
• Load and unload pallets of product to and from trailers, while safely operating a forklift, in a busy warehouse environment.
• Safely place and store product in multi-tiered warehouse storage.
• Ensure successful individual performance by meeting or exceeding performance time standards.
• Collect empty pallet boards and pallets and carry them to storage or trailers.
• Pick appropriate cases according to order using required technology.
• Safely operate a forklift after we provide you training, and you obtain certification.
• Load trailers via carts or stack cases on the floor of a truck trailer.
• Receive and distribute product and assist in weekly product inventory rotation.
• Properly manager warehouse inventory my using handheld scanners and Inventory Control System (ICS)
• Participate in team meetings and training.
• General housekeeping and specific sanitation tasks as required (e.g. you may be asked to sweep the floor, help clean a trailer, take out the trash, etc.)
• All other duties as assigned.
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to starting your application:
• You are 18 years of age or older
• You will be required to work on some weekends, holidays as well as off shift
• You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
• You can stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
• You can climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
• You can repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
• You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant
• You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
• Forklift Truck
• Stock Control
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: gr0btu5
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.