Base Pay: $- / YEAR Employee Type:
The Parts and Operations Assistant partners daily with vendors, customers, and employees to achieve results.Â Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers via phone, in-person, and email
• Follow all parts department guidelines and procedures
• Assist both sales and operations with intake and completion of orders
• Exhibit a service first mentality and a thorough understanding of the customersâ€™ needs
The Parts Specialist will report directly to the Branch Manager.Â This person is also expected to interface with other management, including the leaders of the different business divisions.Â
Essential Functions & Major Accountabilities
• Check in all chassis for repair or upfit including intake pictures and create and process intake forms.
• Create and maintain work order documents. Database, and history for LTTE
• Clean all chassis and once complete and take pictures.
• Inspect all completed jobs for compliance with the sales quote.
• Notify Sales team when orders are complete and assist with delivery and pickup
• Proper and timely follow up with both internal and external customers
• Assist customers with parts sales and communicate sales to shop staff to maintain accurate database of orders.
• Assist in unloading of truck bodies and parts and maintaining the check in of parts orders and organization of parts area.
• Assist with shop duties including cleaning of the parts area and surrounding.
• Deliver and pick up parts from customers and vendors as needed.
• Communicate effectively with manager, colleagues, customers, and vendors
• Learn and follow the procedures of upfitting and following repair order build sheets.
Requirements â€“ Knowledge, Skills & Accountabilities
• Must hold valid driverâ€™s license
• Forklift certified (Will be trained if not certified already)
• Advanced knowledge in automotive parts identification
• Must be an analytical minded individual with attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, support projects, and meet deadlines while keeping a solution focused mindset
• Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion
• Must be a positive minded individual with problem solving ability
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow through skills
• Excellent computer skills essential for success in this role.Â Must have advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products.