Warehouse Clerk - NON CMV
Apria, Inc. Roanoke, VA (Onsite) Full-Time
Apply on company site
**Warehouse Clerk - NON CMV**
* Roanoke, Virginia
* Commensurate with Experience
** Share Job**
The Warehouse Clerk receives, unpacks, checks, and stores equipment and supplies.
* Packages and prepares equipment and supplies prior to distribution.
* Fills orders by preparing supplies to be distributed to patients.
* Processes paperwork for distribution of equipment and supplies.
* Ensures distribution forms, requisitions, purchase order forms and packaging slips are completed accurately.
* Performs quality assurance checks on all products received before stocking or distributing goods.
* Ensures warehouse is maintained in an efficient, clean and safe manner.
* Reports stock levels to supervisor.
* Assists with the ordering of equipment and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
* Assists in completing periodic inventory count.
* Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment.
* Performs minor equipment repair and maintenance as required. Maintains files on all equipment.
* Acts as back-up to delivery employees when necessary.
* May deliver equipment to home healthcare patients.
* May set up and instruct patients on the basic use of their medical equipment, as approved or allowed by local and state licensure limitations.
* Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
* May perform other delivery duties as assigned.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High School diploma or GED required
* At least one year of related work experience is required.
* Valid drivers license.
* Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and standards of accrediting body.
* Current MVR must meet company minimum standards
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically.
* Knowledge of warehousing and inventory management
* Ability to use electronic hand held device.
* Basic Computer Skills.
* Complete on-line training and testing.
* Basic printing/faxing/scanning.
* Knowledge of DOT and FDA regulations
* Knowledge of Home Healthcare industry
* Two years inventory management
* Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
* Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibly and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
* Required to use a variety of personal protective equipment (PPE) which typically includes, safety shoes, eye protection, exam-style latex and non-latex gloves and respiratory protection.
* Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
* This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
* The employee must possess and maintain a valid drivers license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
* Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
* Strength Aspects:
o Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1 to 36 high with weights ranging from 10 lbs. - 160 lbs., and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft. -350 ft., including travel up and down stairs, ramps or in elevators using material handling devices as appropriate.
o Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs. 60 lbs., up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft. on average.
o Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs. of force.
o Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs. of force.
* Body Position and Flexibility Elements
o Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3-10 in height,
o Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20 in height.
o Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10 high, in general.
o Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24 above the floor.
o Frequently required to reach, on average, 20 away from the body.
o Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
* The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a commercial motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
* There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
* Weather and temperature exposures range from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor seasonal conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
* General lighting is generally provided via fluorescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
* The employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection.
* Low to moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic liquids and cleaning agents.
* The employee may be required to ride in company vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
* May be required to receive or elect to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment exposures, employee safety or patients exposure risk.
* Will be requires to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
* May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions, tools and specialized PPE.
* Competitive salary
* Ability to have early access to earned wages
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
* Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
* Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
* 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
* Educational Assistance
* Employee Referral Reward Program
* Employee Discount Programs
* Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
* We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
* Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
* Compensation is commensurate with experience
* Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
• Construction Toolkits
• Document Imaging
• Fluorescent Lamps
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: U-98285906063
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.